Ground Soldier Hardware Development
Computer Servants was awarded a contract through The U.S. Army Contracting Center – Aberdeen Proving Ground (ACC-APG) to design, develop, test and produce prototypes and refinement units for the first of its kind – a PLI-Isolator.
In order to provide on-going expertise for the Certification, Test and Evaluation (CT&E) process of the PLI-Isolator as well as cross domain solutions/integration with the Rifleman Radio for the Nett Warrior Program, Computer Servants was contracted to provide additional support (staff and hours).
- The Nett Warrior program is an integrated, dismounted Soldier situational awareness system for use by leaders during combat operations. It is designed to facilitate command, control, and sharing of battlefield information and integrate each leader into the digitized battlefield. Program Manager Soldier Warrior (PM SWAR) within Program Executive Office (PEO) Soldier in Fort Belvoir, VA is the material developer of the System.
- The Rifleman Radio developed by General Dynamics was designed to bring secure (Type 2) inter-squad communications to any war fighter on the tactical edge of the battlefield and enables Team and Squad Leaders to track individual soldier GPS locations.
Computer Servants Engineers and staff were able to successfully meet all program objectives and fulfill each deliverable on time and within budget.
As a result of the team’s hardware and software design efforts, dedication to the Information Assurance deliverables and high quality detailed verification testing efforts, Computer Servants staff has received and is thankful for on-going follow on orders.
We continue to be proud to serve the current and future soldiers.
Computer Servants participated as a subcontractor to General Dynamics on several armored vehicle contracts.
Abrahms Tank CEEP program
- Identify test hardware required for LRU testing.
Future Combat Systems Specifications
- Reviewed high level specifications for Manned Ground Vehicles (MGV) and high level block diagrams for several LRU’s including the High and Low Voltage Distribution boxes.
- Worked on the Functional Block Diagrams, Physical Architecture Diagrams and Physical Concept Drawings participating in peer reviews of diagrams for most of the LRU’s involved with Power Distribution on the FCS Manned Ground Vehicle.
- Reviewed and commented on the Level 4 requirements to ensure they would be accurate and feasible from an engineering design viewpoint.
- Creating a physical concept Drawing for the High Voltage Main Power Distribution Unit (HVMPDU) using ProE models and a drawing template.
- Completed an InterConnect Drawing(ICD) for the HVMPDU
Crusader Circuit Card Design
- Design Mobility Control Unit (MCU) Steer Select Assembly (SSA) Circuit Card for steering selection. Steering selected between two drivers and computer input. CCA included Nuclear Event Detection/ Nuclear protection circuits and FADEC engine controller interfaces.
Stryker Vehicle Electronics
- Review CCA design and identify early design issues.
- Develop Total Acceptance Test Plan for LRU testing.
- Design test interface box to test LRU using VXI test sets.