Detailed Job Descriptions for Tallahassee Florida Based Electrical Design Engineer and Maryland Based Electronic DTV Test Engineer are listed below. Please contact: 850-562-3675 (Fax or Voice)
Electrical Design Engineer – Tallahassee, FL Contract or Permanent
All candidates must be a US citizen capable of obtaining a Security Clearance.
The ideal candidate must have more than 3 years background in digital or analog design (BSCS or BSEE required, MSCS or MSEE will be plus)
The ability to use complex test equipment and Engineering Development tools.
A working knowledge of CAD Design and Simulation Tools (Cadence /ORCARD) is a plus. The ability to work on individual assignments and to work in a team.
Excellent communication and technical presentation skills required.
Some design positions require experience in ASIC or FPGA design with VHDL.
- Electrical Circuit Design Responsibilities: Develop Requirements Definition, Technically Lead Product Development, Identify Required Components, Interface with Vendors and Manufactures.
- Design Integration and Validation Test of Prototypes.
- Design of Radio Circuit Cards including some with Analog Circuitry, Microcontrollers and Communication IC’s.
- Design of Video Circuit Cards with Hardware Encoding, Microcontrollers, and GPRS modems.
- Responsible for Picking Processors, Devices, and Circuit Components
- Design and Simulation of Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA) using VHDL.
- Participation in quality assurance processes including peer reviews, and design validation activities.
- Support of fabrication, procurement and assembly of hardware.
- Preparation of Engineering Technical Data Package including Parts List, Bill of Materials, Schematic Diagram, PWB Drawing, VHDL source, Simulation Files Etc.
- Debug, test, and design validation of prototype hardware.
- Work at a client site during integration testing.
All qualified Hardware Design Engineers please contact: 850-562-3675 (Fax or Voice) Email
Electrical Test Engineer – Columbia, MD Temporary Position
All candidates must be a US citizen capable of obtaining a Security Clearance and be eligible for US Government employment.
The applicant shall perform electrical testing on commercial television receiver product samples submitted to the FCC for conformance evaluation. The work to be provided under the contract is to provide additional support to the existing technical staff to meet a short term emergency demand for product testing.
Qualifications for this contract include:
- Applicant must have an engineering degree in electrical engineering
- Minimum of 3-5 years in an RF test Engineering Position.
- Experience in a Lab environment, preparing Test Reports and analyzing test data to determine validity and product compliance
- Work closely with electrical, audio, and RF engineers as well as customers, vendors, and subcontractors
- Experience in performing a variety of complex equipment tests requiring extensive practical and theoretical knowledge of electronic theory, techniques and characteristics of electronic equipment systems
- Demonstrated experience in working with written descriptions, user manuals, rough sketches and/or schematic diagrams to determine the design, construction, modification and installation of a wide variety of complex electronic equipment and associated test equipment
- Familiarity with ATSC standards for DTV and also some of the performance standards for digital and analog signals is a plus
- Projects may require some flexible scheduling due to testing requirements
- U.S. Citizenship and Federal Employment background check is required.
Download the form here (10 Day Processing time)
What experience do you have as an RF Test Compliance Engineer? Do you have experience delivering presentations to management and preparing test reports? Describe. Please list your education and certifications (if any)
Work for this requirement shall be performed at the FCC Laboratory located in Columbia, Maryland
All qualified Test Engineers please contact: 850-562-3675 (Fax or Voice) Email